Sunday, January 10, 2010

Light for the dark times...

Today I was incredibly blessed to spend time with some of the most fantastic people I know. We had some wonderful discussion about everything under the sun, but there was one statement that triggered an opening in my heart that I wanted to share.
From the wise mouth of my beautiful friend Dr. Tanya:

"Just because you've had a difficult past, does not mean you have to have a difficult future."

It comes back to choice, which I've said a million times over. But sometimes, we choose the difficult option. But WHY? It seems nonsensical. There's a few reasons:

1. We still have a lesson to learn. When we find ourselves cycling over and over again in the same situations, it is sometimes because we have something that is left to absorb from the situation. I relate this to my astrological phase... for a stretch, I kept dating men over and over with the same astrological sign. It was kind of peculiar, and I certainly had something to learn from there.

2. We attract these situations. This does happen. It's common knowledge that we get what we put out, and if we are vibrating at a low frequency, we are going bring upon us situations of a similar frequency.

3. (And I think this is the most common) It's comfortable, and familiar. I had a coworker say to me once "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't." Okaayyyy... but what if the other isn't a "devil". What if, God forbid, there's an actual GOOD option... or what about a FANTASTIC option! We don't have to settle for mediocrity. We don't have to dwell in dark negative places because that is familiar to us. It takes time to flex the muscles, and find comfort in a foreign place (ie: Positivity Land) but isn't it better to invest in the time than to dwell in misery?

So if you get to choose, what will you pick? It is ultimately up to us.
Sending so much light your way to help you in the dark parts of your journey...

SB xo

No comments: