Sunday, January 10, 2010

M5

You wish you were invisible
A ghost to those you see
Without trying, you touch the souls
Of so many other than me

You glide the streets so very lost
And careful not to touch
You’re denying others knowing you
And they miss out on so much

What’s blind to you is you’re not a ghost
It’s very plain to see
You fill my life with laughs and love
Refilling what was empty

I fear the gap between us
Is more than just bad days
Your feet aren’t planted here on Earth
Which leads me now to say

The clock is ticking, so when the time comes
For your spirit to slip from this land
I pray it’s caused by ripe old age
And not by your own hand

It’s a selfish act, removing your light
From this Earthly plane
Leaving behind nothing but
Darkness, sadness and pain

Consider this a loving plea
To venture back to me
You’re so much more than a lonely ghost
Just live. Just love. Just be.

No comments: