Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tick Tock...

Today I lost an old friend...
But if I'm entirely honest, I lost him years ago. We drifted apart when we were still teens, and even though our paths have crossed twice since, it has never been the same. Still, I feel a heaviness in my heart, sadness, guilt, regret... I feel like I wasn't a good friend, that I let us drift, that I didn't try to sort out the weirdness between us. We are left feeling like we're guilty of something, full of "coulda" "woulda" "shouldas".... We cannot change the past. The only thing we can change is this second, this moment, this instant.
We can't undo the things we've done, we can only move forward, striving for better. Life is short. So right now - with time ticking - what is the one thing you want to change? Because know this: you have the power to do it.
Seena Beana

No comments: