Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What lacks wings but still flies?

I apologize for missing a post for Monday... in fact, this week is very busy with the opening of my play, Brilliant Traces (more info at www.playbyecho.com) so this week's posting might be irregular.
I spent the weekend with my spiritual family at an Ayahuasca retreat. I did not journey this time (that is to say, drink the medicine) but Angeled (assisted) which is in itself a journey. I became appreciative of how far I've come and how hard my ego has to work to take hold of me, but humbled by how far I still have to go.
I would like to share one realization with you though... You know how when you're really busy at work, even if you're not enjoying yourself time flies by quickly? And then of course there's the saying "Time flies when you're having fun." In a journey, even when angeling, the same thing applies, and I think I've figured out why. It's not because it's fun (because sometimes work and journeying and angeling are not fun, though necessary and good to do) but because we are PRESENT - which is also the state we are in when we are enjoying ourselves, engaged in fun. If we can strive towards being in every moment we spend, our time will fly - and this is a good thing, because it means we are in flow. And we don't have to worry about missing anything due to time flying because we will be in every moment, so there will be nothing to miss.
Just one of the little gems I took away from this fantastic weekend.
Hope yours was equally blessed.
Sending love,
Seena Beana xo

No comments: