Monday, March 8, 2010

A Fork in the Road

It is said that there are two paths in the road of life: the path of Essence, and the path of the Ego. While we are still asleep, we wander these paths, one then the other, without paying much attention to where we’re going, or where we are. However, something magical happens when we start to wake up. When we find ourselves, consumed in moments of Ego (jealously, victimhood, despair, etc) we look around and realize we’ve gone off track. We pull out our Devine map, and find our way back to the fork in the road, this time choosing the path of Essence, which ultimately, is the path of love.

This is not to say that you can’t feel things other than joy or bliss. To feel is human. It’s just important to observe the feelings we are choosing to feel and why we are choosing to feel them. If we choose self pity, what are we getting out of it? The Ego is always getting something, and wants you to stay asleep. Perhaps it’s the attention from others, or a reinforcement of the subliminal belief that we are not good enough. Just know that it’s choice, and it’s not Ego’s choice to make. You are the master of your own domain. So when you catch yourself feeling something you would rather not feel, observe, and release. Don’t belittle yourself for having the experience, you are after all human. Don’t engage in a battle, trying to “conquer” your Ego, it thrives on conflict. Just observe, and release, and choose something better for yourself.

Awareness is key. And we cannot be aware if we are asleep. The beauty about being conscious, awake, aware, whatever label you want to give this feeling, is that you can become a witness to yourself having experiences. You can see from the outside when you need to choose the other path. So many times, before I found inner work, I became lost in the darkness I allowed my Ego to create. I still find myself there sometimes, but I know that I can pull out again. Because I’ve tasted Essence, and let me tell you, it is far more delicious than any concoction the Ego can create.

Sending you some of my Essence, to help you guide your way during the dark times on your path.

SB xo

No comments: