Thursday, May 6, 2010

The calm during the storm...

I have been blessed with amazing friends. I can't think of a circumstance that could come up that there isn't someone I can reach out to. The only downside I can see is that they are all in synch. When things are good - they tend to be good across the board. (Keep in mind, most of these friends are not friends with each other) When times get trying and difficult, that also tends to be global.

In many cases, it's hard to juggle being there for each of them, at the exact same time. I do my best, giving them each as much as I can. It can sometimes be difficult to give and give when it seems you are surrounded by loss and despair - especially when the people hurting are those you love. (And when I say difficult, I don't mean that you're unwilling, just that you only have so much to give.) So today, during the chaos, I am trying something new: I am going to act as the calm during the storm.

Last week I purchased some music on iTunes of different songs with Tibetan singing bowls being played. I am listening to one now, as I type this, however, some of the ones I purchased are specific to helping the chakras. I'm going to meditate with these (just over a half hour) to help hold the space for those experiencing difficulties right now. If I'm able, I'll upload each chakra video as a youtube clip so that you can do the same for your loved ones.

When everything seems like it's too much, remember that we're never given more than we can handle. If you're experiencing a tough time, keep that close to your heart. If the people around you are, breathe for them, love them, imagine them surrounded with white light. Send them love - it will help, even if they don't know where it's coming from.

Lovingly yours,
Seena Beana. xo

No comments: